Thursday 20 June 2013

Past Projects Going To New Designers - Wallpaper

At the start of my third year I was given a brief to create a 'Wall Covering'. This could have been a bespoke creation or a commercial repeat design.

I didn't choose the direction I wanted to go in but concentrated on getting good research and developing my ideas from that.

After visiting the V&A and looking at all the Buddhist artefacts I became interested in the symbols and meanings within the imagery.

Combining this with a colour palette of only white, and a choice of working just with paper, I began to explore every possibility within my limited theme.

Through experimenting with different papers and paper manipulation techniques I developed my work into 5 final ideas.





















No comments:

Post a Comment